Forging Heroes BCAA's are made with high quality plant based ingredients. Each scoop provides 9 grams of BCAA's with a 2:1:1 ratio (leucine, isoleucine, and valine). Studies have shown this ratio to be the most beneficial.
Our BCAA formula mixes well (No clumping) and dissolves instantly when mixed with water and is absorbed quickly.
Fun fact: most BCAA powders are animal based, meaning, they are derived from duct feathers or pig hair.
Why should I use BCAA's?
- BCAA’s (Leucine, Isoleucine and Valine) are 3 of the 21 amino acids that make up a complete protein. BCAA’s make up approximately 1/3 of muscle protein
- BCAA’s are a powerful anti-catabolic agent, which means they prevent the body from losing its muscle mass.
- BCAA’s stimulate the production of insulin which helps cells use amino acids during blood circulation for muscle protein synthesis.
- BCAA’s facilitate the release of growth hormones responsible for the repair and construction of tissues as well as having a stabilizing effect on the ratio of Cortisol/testosterone.
When to consume and dosage?
There are several factors to consider when deciding when and how much to take. Here are a few guidelines to help you get started for your Crossfit or High Intensity Interval training:
Consume 5 to 7 days per week, stop for 2 weeks every 3 months.
Weight / Dosage / Time :
- 130 lbs and less / 6g before a workout + 6g during + 6g after
- 130 lbs -165 lbs / 8g before a workout + 8g during + 8g after
- 165 lbs - 200 lbs / 9g before a workout + 9g during + 9g after
- 200 lbs and more / 12g before a workout + 12g during + 12g after
- Keep in a cool and dry place
- Do not use if seal is broken or damaged
- Keep out of reach of children